- My name is Alexandria Happyness.
- I live in Toronto, Canada.
- I’m not a big fan of ice cream because it takes me forever to eat.
- I’m an extremely paranoid human being.
- I am a makeup artist and work for Nordstrom.
- I’m addicted to chocolate.. like actually, its a problem.
- I’m mixed. My mother is Argentinian and my dad is Tanzanian.
- I moved out of my parents house at 19 years old.
- If I had to eat one thing for the rest of my life it would be Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal. (insert heart eyes)
- I think whoever invented underwear should be sued! They’re so uncomfortable.
- I can speak Spanish fluently.
- I love reading.
- Tanzania is my happy place and I’ve never felt more myself anywhere else.
- I hate almost all Disney movies.
- Snakes (in my opinion) are the most beautiful and fascinating creatures.
- My BIGGEST fear is growing old.
- That being said, pretty much every psychic and palm reader I’ve been to has told me that I’m basically going to live forever.
- I’m amazing at imitating hispanic, british and african accents.
- I’m 21 years old
- My biggest dream is to reach a large platform of people and teach them how to love themselves endlessly.
If you’ve never listened to Latin music while cleaning then you’re doing it wrong.. When I think back to my childhood of a typical Saturday morning, I imagine myself waking up to the sound of bachata blasting through the speakers and the potent smell of bleach in the air. (My grandmother literally used bleach to clean everything) It’s now become a habit to play Latin music on a day that I dedicate solely to chores and it makes the cleaning process so much more fun! Here’s a mix of fast and slow songs to speed up your day!
Disclaimer – Note that some of these songs are really old but are still some really fun hits.
1. Odio – Romeo Santos ft. Drake
2. El Perdon – Nicky Jam Ft. Enrique Iglesias
3. Eres Mia – Romeo Santos
4. Noche De Sexo – Wisin & Yandel Ft. Adventura
5. Te Quiero – DJ Flex
6. Besas Tan Bien – Farruko
7. Sigueme Y Te Sigo – Daddy Yankee
8. Ay Vamos Remix – J. Balvin Ft. Nicky Jam & French Montana
9. Rechazame – Prince Royce
10. Propuesta Indecente – Romeo Santos
You may feel like your life is cluttered which has stopped you from being able to accomplish anything. When we are disorganized and our homes are a mess, it is hard to focus on the daily tasks we need to be accomplishing, and even harder to focus on your goals for the months and years ahead. Getting your life and home organized is the key to success. Below is a list of tips to get you more organized and push you one step closer to your dreams!
- START PLANNING!
If you aren’t using a planner or some sort of agenda/ calendar, I strongly suggest you go and get one now. Having something to keep track of what you are doing in the weeks to come is one of the best ways to stay organized. Not only is it a great creative outlet which makes it super fun to work on every week, but it’s also a really efficient way to keep track of all of your activities.
My favourite planner to use is the Erin Condren. Here is what mine looks like for the first week of May.
I like to decorate my Agenda with lots of stickers because it makes planning feel less like a chore and more like a fun project to accomplish each week. I like to write down all of the days that I’m working or need to exercise, the days I’m visiting friends or family, what my cleaning focus is, etc. By writing everything down I ensure that I’m focusing on accomplishing my goals.
2. WRITE DOWN EVERYTHING!
A great quote I once read states “A short pencil is better than a long memory.” This kind of goes hand in hand with planning, but writing everything down is super useful if you want to stay organized.
Even the people with the best memories will forget birthdays, anniversaries, or due dates for bills to come. So always keep a pen and a note pad with you, or even start making a habit of using the notepad on your phone on a daily basis. You’ll become a lot more efficient, trusssst me!
3. MAKE SCHEDULES FOR YOURSELF AND STICK TO THEM!
Organized people always know what their next move is. By writing everything down and using a planner, you’ll know exactly what it is that you need to do and when. (That’s the easy part) The key to being efficient is setting realistic time expectations of how long you want to be doing a certain task, and moving on to the next project if something has gone over the time you’ve allotted yourself. Only allow yourself to go back and finish anything that was taking up too much time AFTER you’ve completed all of your tasks.
4. KEEP ONLY WHAT YOU NEED!
Only having what I use and need makes for a cleaner environment. This is one of the most important tips I can give you.When you throw out everything you don’t use or love, you create a more positive environment.
In this first image I decided to show you part of what my skin care collection looked like before I committed to organizing myself properly. I can honestly say that I didn’t use most of these products, I just had them because I knew they were expensive.
When I decided to clean everything out – I took everything off the dresser, went through each item one by one and asked myself if I loved the product I had in my hands. When I answered no I would place the product into a separate black bag and continue to the next item. I ended up with less than half of my skin care products and gave away the rest to friends and family.
This is what part of my collection looks like now. It makes me so happy every time I look at it, and I know it’s exactly the right amount for me. I now am able to see all of the products I own and its very easy to clean up after.
5. GIVE EVERYTHING YOU OWN A HOME!
This goes back to what your parents probably taught you when you were younger. “Put it back where you found it.” This honestly sounds so simple its almost stupid, but most of us forget to put things back in their place after we use them. When your items don’t have a place to rest they’ll end up all over your home and you’ll end up with twice the amount of cleaning.
I cannot count the number of times I’ve walked through the door, thrown off my shoes and left them right in the middle of the hallway. I then would continue to the living room where I’d leave my purse and jacket on the couch and walk over to the kitchen to prepare myself food where I’d leave a couple of rings and my watch after washing my hands. Walking through the doors I’d basically leave a trail of items everywhere I went! Doing this would lead to a huge mess and even a bigger headache to clean up. This easily could have been avoided had I just taken five minutes to put everything back in its place and would have saved countless amounts of hours on cleaning and looking for misplaced items.
So now I challenge you all to start planning and writing things down, go throw out everything you don’t use and arrange a space for every item you decide to keep. And most importantly, I challenge you to be happy!
post edited by Erika Sadri