Nordstrom Yorkdale is going to be having its grand opening here in Toronto in 2 days! From 8-10 am on Friday, October 21st, we will be offering mini facials, mini makeovers, food/ drinks and much much more! So don’t be shy, bring a friend and stop by our beautiful NEW location.
Let’s be real – times can get tough and we don’t always have the funds to take our significant others to fancy restaurants and luxurious date spots, but that’s okay! Below is a list of awesome and fun date ideas that won’t break the bank.
- Picnic at the park
- Walk by the lake and feed the ducks
- Rent a pair of bikes and bike through the city.
- Make a homemade dinner and eat it by candlelight
- Go for FroYo
- Explore the museums in your city
- Go to your local art gallery!
- Try the bean boozled challenge with your loved one
- Learn something new together
- Go Bowling
- Volunteer at the humane society
- Play tourist for the day and go for a walk downtown
- Sing your heart out at a karaoke bar
- Buy a bottle of wine and watch the sunset together
- Go for a brunch date. Restaurants usually have cheaper options during the early mornings and afternoons
- Have a movie marathon and prepare a bunch of snacks for the day
- Roller skating!
- Go to a flea market. No need to buy anything looking around can be just as fun
- Build a fire and roast marshmallows
- Have a cooking competition and have your family and friends judge the results
- Game Night!
To redeem this offer, use Code = alexc8904ue when purchasing your first ride!
With Uber taking over the city, I decided to give it a try a couple of months ago and I am completely obsessssssed. Uber is super convenient for 3 reasons – It’s cheap, reliable, and there’s no hassle.
Uber is the most cost effective means of traveling. If you live in a big city like I do, taxi’s can be very pricey when going from one side of town to the other. In addition to cheap pricing, Uber offers the option of sharing your ride with another passenger for about half the price of a solo trip. The only downfall to this is that it may take you longer to arrive at your destination, but if you’re not in a rush it’s the best option in my opinion!
With thousands of Uber’s around, your driver is never really more than six minutes away. So say good bye to waiting years for your taxi driver to show up! On the App you’re also able to track your driver, give him a call, and cancel the ride without charge if its under five minutes of placing the order. Talk about amazing!
I doubt I’m the only person that’s ever had an issue or two with taxi drivers. I’ve had drivers tell me”my debit machine doesn’t work” forcing me to go to a bank and withdraw, and have gotten yelled at for not tipping large amounts on short rides. Uber sets your bills to be charged automatically from your debit visa or credit card and doesn’t force you to tip. So paying isn’t an awkward situation at the end of your car ride, you can just hop out and go! Trying to find your ride is also very easy because the app shows you a picture of your driver and provides the license plate. (This is also ideal if something were to happen during your ride and you need to track down the driver.)
I hope this post pushes you to try Uber for the first time and fall in love with this easy means of travelling. Here’s a code you can use that saves you up to $25 off your first ride. code = alexc8904ue This also will help me save up to $25 off of my next one!